Thank you for wanting to contribute to Scala 3!
This chapter introduces instructions on how to do basic tasks when fixing compiler issues. The tasks include:
- how to reproduce an issue
- how to navigate to where the issue manifests itself in the compiler
- find shortcuts to common issue areas of the compiler
- how to inspect various values encountered in the compiler
- how to create a test for your fix.
You can find the instructions of how to do the above in the following sections of this guide.
Contributors to this page:
- About This Guide
- Getting Started
- Contributing to Scala 3
- Reproducing an Issue
- Finding the Cause of an Issue
- Common Issue Locations
- How to Inspect Values
- Improving Your Workflow
- Testing Your Changes
- Pull Request Checklist
- High Level Architecture
- Compiler Overview
- Compiler Phases
- Compiler Types
- Time in the Compiler