Quick Online Exercises
Coursera courses from EPFL
There are a few interactive resources for trying out Scala, to get a look and feel of the language:
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala, free on Coursera. This is a course about functional programming given by Martin Odersky himself. You can access the course material and exercises by signing up for the course.
- Functional Programming in Scala Specialization, free on Coursera. The Specialization provides a hands-on introduction to functional programming using Scala. You can access the courses material and exercises by signing up for the specialization. Includes the following courses:
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala
- Functional Program Design in Scala
- Parallel programming
- Big Data Analysis with Scala and Spark
- Functional Programming in Scala Capstone
Try Scala In Your Browser!
allaboutscala provides detailed tutorials for beginners.
Independent Courseware, online self-study or instructor-led Scala and Play courses for a fee.